Hemingway has his classic moment in "The Sun Also Rises" when someone asks Mike Campbell how he went bankrupt.
All he can say is, "Gradually, then suddenly."
That's how depression hits. You wake up one morning, afraid that you're gonna live.
- prozac nation

Saturday, September 27, 2008

god loves a liar - a wilhelm scream



Don't forget to waste your blood and mix it with your tears now.
Don't forget to waste your love inside me to crawl out.
I know it's here inside.

Why am I so afraid?
God loves a liar.

It's turning on me now.
Accidents are what follows.
If only you could see her now.
Don't mistake someone's daughter's crying for fuck sounds.
For rainy days you're mine.

Why are we so afraid?
God loves a liar.

Today is the day that I laugh for the fun ot it.
Today is the day that it tears me apart.
Today is the day I defile your saccharine way,
or at least take aim.
Today is the day that I drown for the fun of it.
Today is the day that I laugh in the dark.
Today is the day that I see myself for what I really am...
Dead to the world.

Liar.


The Wilhelm Scream was a recorded 'scream' that was used over and over and over again in Hollywood films...same recording, over and over again...these however, are the lyrics to a song by the band, A Wilhelm Scream

No comments: